Pasco BOCC approves proposed redistricting maps | News
Pasco County Florida -- Supervisor of Elections Brian E. Corley has announced the unanimous approval by the Board of County Commissioners of the proposed redistricting maps at their meeting Tuesday in the Historic Pasco County courthouse in Dade City.
"With this final approval we can move forward with final preparations for the upcoming election cycle," said Supervisor Corley. "All voters will receive new voter information cards in July which will inform them of any changes to their districts and voting precincts."
As a cost savings measure and due to the tremendous growth in Pasco County, the county says the new legislative boundaries enabled the consolidation of precincts countywide and lowered the number of polling places from 123 to 108. These changes, significant enough to greatly reduce the amount of personnel and equipment needed for election days, affect only 15% of registered voters with the remaining 85% experiencing no change in their precinct.
As a result of redistricting, Pasco County will now be represented by one member of congress, District 12, two state senators, Districts 17 and 18, and three state representatives, Districts 36, 37, and 38.